Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Thank You List for Today

Janette Toral, program director for the blogging course I am taking up at Ateneo de Manila, invited me to join this writing contest on “Thank You Day Philippines.“ It required my submitting a photo entry with a short write-up. Prize is a box of Toblerone. To read more about the contest, go to http://www.thankyoudayphilippines.com

Though I like Toblerone, I sent in an entry not for the prize, but for the experience of it. Then I thought that perhaps I could also list down things that I am thankful for as a realtor. Here are some that  came to mind:

1. RESA Law (Real Estate Service Act). Starting this 2010, real estate brokers licenses will now be issued by the Philippine Regulation Commission. Brokers are now in the same “licensed” league of doctors, lawyers, accountants and engineers and other regulated professions.

2. Local Realtor Boards. I belong to (PMRB) Pasay Makati Realtors Board while Maita, to Muntinlupa Realtors Board. It is good to deal with fellow brokers who belong to realtor boards: we adhere to the same code of ethics and we have recourse in case there are professional conflicts or differences to be addressed.

3. PAREB (Philippine Association of Realtor Boards). Given the nationwide reach of PAREB, we brokers can network with colleagues from other regions. We can all tap in to its active MLS or multi-listing service. And given its current affiliation with the National Association of Realtors –USA, we can use the designation “REALTOR.”

4. Noynoy Aquino. Others can say what they want, but Noynoy’s promise of change is confidence-boosting for business and economy. One just has to drive along the streets of  Makati CBD, Ortigas and Bonifacio Global City to see the renewed level of construction activity. We brokers have a lot of selling to do.

5. St. Joseph. I am glad to know that we brokers have a patron saint to call on. St. Joseph-- the carpenter and guardian of the Redeemer-- built and kept a house then for the Holy Family. He too can help us today, if we believe.

Let me close by gently asking this question: “What are you thankful for today?”

No comments: