Wednesday, October 12, 2011

SURPRISES DURING THE 51st PAREB CONVENTION IN CEBU

Last Thursday, I flew in to Cebu for the 51st PAREB (Philippine Association of Real Estate Boards)  Convention.  I was with over 40 members of PMRB (Pasay Makati Real Estate Board),  who set aside time  for this annual event  participated in by fellow brokers from  various chapters-- now totaling 60 as reported by 2011  PAREB  President Ariel T. Martinez.

Maita was supposed to join me in  this 3-day convention held at Cebu Waterfront Hotel, but last Wednesday, one of our daughters fell ill. She was having  intermittent fever and had to be under medical observation to rule out dengue fever.  Maita decided to stay behind in Manila.

I made multiple hotel bookings-- so when I had to confirm my accommodations  I had to give up my reservation at Citi Premiere Suites-- a new hotel that offers value-for-money packages.   Instead, I firmed up  my  arrangements at  another place-- where Maita and stayed  2 years  ago--  which I would rather not disclose for privacy reasons.

To me, the convention turned out to be peppered with surprises.     At the airport,  I  saw a group of  ladies  holding a welcome banner.  It turned out that one of those who  patiently stood there was Marilou Canizares  of Cebu Real Estate Board.  When I decided to share a cab  going to the city with fellow brokers from the same Cebu Pacific flight that I took that Thursday morning,   they turned out to be  two fellow alumni from San Jose Seminary--  Leo Hernandez and George Pimentel--   who would later be re- elected  regional director and elected national  director, respectively.

There were about 700 delegates to the 3-day convention and I was glad to have come across some members of PAREB-Lucena City.   Among them were Ramon Tan and Arman Valencerina-- who was elected regional director for South Luzon.   This in the light of  my parents'  recent  decision to sell a   2.8 hectare property in their  hometown of Lucban, Quezon-- what makes this property distinct  is the fact that is almost adjacent to the famous "Kamay ni Hesus" Shrine  that was put up by  Fr.  Joey Faller.

During the 80's theme night last Friday, my colleagues from PMRB-- Sweetie Gardiner and Ashley Valera won best costume.   And the biggest surprise that evening-- finding myself on center stage, pitching in for a colleague who was not able to fly in to Cebu at the last minute.   And somehow,  PMRB still landed 3rd place   among 6 real  estate boards  that competed.

Before the convention ended last Saturday night,  we at PMRB had more  reasons to celebrate.  Our candidate to the Most Popular Lady Realtor Lesley Geronimo finished 2nd Runner-Up.

Our President Atty.Nelson  Arquiza was elected national director.  That was not a surprise though.  One of Neslson's  favorite rallying points for our  board is "together we get there!"  In Cebu, I believe,  PMRB got  somewhere memorable.


51st PAREB Convention Photos in my Facebook Wall.

Photo Credits:  Coy Ledesma,  Vinia Lapuz, Elena Jove,  Atty. Nelson Arquiza,  Sweetie Hardiner, Mercy Reyes, Paz Bentulan and Paulo Pilar.


Group Shot with Outgoing PAREB President Ariel T. Martinez (in grey  blazer to my right)

At the Gala Night with  Mercy Reyes, Manny Boacaling, Art Evangelista, Rene Castillo, Newly Elected National Director Atty. Nelson Arquiza, Nympha Bocaling and Anton Bocaling

Group Shot with 2012 Most Popular Lady Realtor 2nd Runner-Up Lesley Geronimo



No comments: